• Become an Emergency Substitute Teacher

    If you have interest in substitute teaching and meet certain qualifications, you may be eligible for an emergency substitute teaching certificate.


     In order to be qualified as an emergency substitute teacher, you must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. credential.   In addition, you must have one of the following:

    • Associate of Arts (A.A.) Degree or higher-OR-
    • Minimum of 72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits from a college or university-OR-
    • Passing score of 461 on the ETS ParaPro Assessment

    You can get a practice test to study by contacting the school district office at 784-1800 or purchase online at www.ets.org/parapro .   The online test is given in Wenatchee at the North Central Educational Service District (NCESD) – for more information, visit their website at www.ncesd.org   (Search bar is at bottom of screen)

    If you meet the qualifications, continue to the following steps:

    1. Complete the Entiat School District Certificated Application and provide a copy of your transcripts or ETS ParaPro Assessment and return to the district office for review. Applications can be found on our website https://www.entiatschools.org/domain/19
    2. Once your application has been reviewed, we’ll contact you so you can complete the following steps.
    • Create an E-Certification profile (including adding your social security number) on the OSPI (Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction) website. Entiat School District needs this completed so an Emergency Certificate can be requested by the district. Go to https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us and create an account. 
    • Inform Entiat School District that you have created your profile with OSPI. The district will then complete an online request to OSPI, requesting you as an emergency substitute teacher. 
    • Once the district has made the request, you’ll need to log back into your E-Certification account, complete the online application and pay your certificate fee (about $45).
    • Schedule an appointment online with the North Central Educational Service District for fingerprinting, at http://www.ncesd.org/service/fingerprinting-services/ (about $85)
    • Once you receive your emergency substitute certificate, contact Entiat School District and you’ll be added to our emergency substitute teacher pool.

     Contact Carly Bartlett for questions (509)784-1800 cbartlett@entiatschools.org